Pattern Cutter Intern
Ama Bonsu is seeking a pattern cutter intern to aid us in creating our capsule collections and seasonal collections. You will be expected to make new patterns for these collections as well as manipulate current pattern blocks we have to make variations of garments we already have. We require the candidate to also toile the patterns to ensure they work. The candidate must have the tools to work from home.
- Creating first pattern templates from sketches/drawings.
- Interpreting fit comments and translating into pattern amendments, ensuring final garment are as required.
- Working closely with the in-house sample machinist or manufacturer to make mock ups / proto samples.
- Act as a link between the design and manufacturing stages.
- Liaising with designers and garment tech/product developers providing creative input as required to ensure patterns are accurate and factory ready.
- Offering constructive advice to resolve fit and production issues.
- Prioritising effectively and ensuring patterns are complete within the timeframe required.
- Manipulating current pattern blocks to make new garment styles
- At least 2 years’ experience in similar role.
- Excellent pattern cutting skills, understanding of garment fit/construction and the ability to interpret Designer’s drawings.
- Excellent knowledge of stitching and garment finishing and an eye for details, shape and proportion.
- Good time management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Possess good IT and numeracy skills for measurements and calculations along with good drawing skills (computer/hand).
- Can work quickly and create a high volume of patterns in a short space of time.
- Eager to work and learn
- Degree in fashion or textiles.
- Qualifications in Pattern Cutting/Garment Technology.
- An understanding of garment fit particular for products designed for tailoring
- Previous experience of working within men’s outerwear.
Are you interested in this position?
- E-mail your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
- Put ‘Pattern Cutter Intern’ as the subject of your email.
- A portfolio will be required should you be shortlisted.