Ama Bonsu is seeking a Machinist who can sew and develop new samples and test new toiles for our upcoming collections.
- Making new season samples ranging from coats, jackets, t-shirts, trousers and shirts.
- Testing new styles for upcoming season samples using kalico or test fabrics
- Production runs
- Discovering new sewing techniques for upcoming samples
- Cutting garments for production runs and samples
- Making alterations to samples made after fitting has been done with our fit models
- Working closely with in-house pattern cutter to achieve the highest quality results for each sample and checking work against finished patterns when complete.
- Experienced in machining various types of fabrics
- High quality finishing on work
- A good eye for detail
- Have access & ability to use professional equipment (industrial sewing machines & irons);
- Able to work well remotely and meet deadlines;
- Intermediate knowledge of spoken English.
- Open personality
- Attention to details and a fast worker
- Based in London
Are you interested in this position?
- E-mail your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Put ‘Machinist’ as the subject of your email.
- Previous examples of your work will be required should you be shortlisted.